Platform of the Constitution
Party of West Virginia
|Core Beliefs||Energy & the Environment||Racial Harmony|
|National Platform||Government Spending||Recreation & Tourism|
|Agriculture||Health & Medicine||Religious Freedom|
|Animals||Illegal Immigration||Rules of the WVa State Legislature|
|Bring Government Back Home||Judicial Reform||Sanctity of Life|
|Business & the Economy||Labor & Industry||The 2nd Amendment & Personal Defense|
|Campaign Finance||Law Enforcement||Structure of Government|
|Community Decency||Marriage & Family||Technology|
|Constitutional Amendments||Media & Communications||Term Limits|
|Controlled Substances||Money & Banking||Transportation & Infrastructure|
|Crime & Punishment||Motor Vehicle Laws||Vaccines & Immunizations|
|Electoral College||Personal Liberty|
Conscious of Providence and solicitous of the blessings of Almighty God and His Son Jesus Christ, the Constitution Party of West Virginia embraces and advances the following statement of positions to restore and protect Constitutional government, preserve the continuity of our civilization, and defend the sovereignty of our State thus guarding liberty under law for ourselves and our posterity.
- We affirm the Christian character and heritage(1) of our State, and the Bible as the basis of morality on which the legitimacy of our laws rest.
- We affirm the fundamental principles of American republicanism as originally set forth in the draft version of the Virginia Declaration of Rights(2) and reiterated in the Declaration of Independence, constituting the basis and foundation of government.
- We believe in the sovereignty, freedom and independence of the several States and affirm the principles asserted in the Kentucky and Virginia Resolutions of 1798/1799.(3)
- The Constitution of the United States of America is the supreme law of the land;(4) its provisions, along with those of this State, are operative alike in a period of war as in time of peace, and any departure therefrom, or violation thereof, under the plea of necessity, or any other plea, is subversive to good government and tends to anarchy and despotism.(5)
- The government of the United States is a government of enumerated powers, and all powers not delegated to it, nor prohibited to the States, are reserved to the States or to the people thereof. Among the powers so reserved to the States is the exclusive regulation of their own internal government and police; and it is the high and solemn duty of constitutional government to guard and protect the people of the several States from all encroachments upon the rights so reserved.(6)
The Constitution Party of West Virginia recognizes the platform of the national Constitution Party(7) as the statement of principles and positions for our candidates for federal office and for areas where a state position has not yet been developed. Where the state and national party platforms differ, the following West Virginia state platform shall take precedence: (See top of page for a table of individual platform positions.)
NOTES on approval and adoption: The Preamble, Core Beliefs, and National Platform position were approved and adopted at meeting assembled at Alpine Lake, Terra Alta, W.Va. on September 23, 2006.
- America’s Christian Heritage Week – www.achw.org
- Virginia Declaration of Rights, draft version – www.lva.virginia.gov/lib-edu/education/bor/draftvdr.htm
- Kentucky and Virginia Resolutions of 1798/1799 – avalon.law.yale.edu/18th_century/virres.asp
- U.S. Constitution, Article VI, Section 2 – www.usconstitution.net/xconst_A6.html
- West Virginia Constitution, Article I, Section 3 – www.legis.state.wv.us/WVCODE/WV_CON.cfm#articleI
- U.S. Constitution, Amendment X – www.usconstitution.net/xconst_Am10.html
- Platform of the National Constitution Party – www.constitutionparty.com/party_platform.php
Blessed is the nation whose God is the LORD.