Why Register to Vote as Constitution Party?

  • The Constitution Party does not accept contributions from the FEC, nor does it burden West Virginia taxpayers by participation in the Republican-Democrat controlled primary system—a process which costs the Mountain State millions of dollars to administer each election year. Instead, the Constitution Party nominates its candidates at dynamic self-funded conventions.
  • All voters registered “Constitution Party” are invited to attend these conventions and cast a ballot.
  • Constitution Party registered voters may also choose to become active with the CPWV state executive committee which determines state party policy and administration.  Additionally, they may themselves seek nomination for state political and executive office as well as committee positions.
  • The Constitution Party is the fastest growing third-party in the nation.  Share our patriotic camaraderie and reverence for America’s founders. Be a part of the future!

How to Register to Vote as Constitution Party?

  • The easiest way to register to vote Constitution Party is to visit the Voter Registration office at your county courthouse.  Complete Box 8 on the registration form as shown below by checking “Other Party” and writing the word “Constitution” in the space provided.

WV Sec. of State voter registration form, section 8.

  • Or, go to the Secretary of State’s website at the following URL and download the form for mail-in:
  • Within three weeks, you should receive a notice in the mail with your new voter registration card and party status confirmation letter. If you do not receive both of these items, follow up with your County Clerk.

Frequently Asked Questions

  • I registered to vote once before, but am not sure if it is still current.  How do I check to see if I am still registered? If you have not voted at least once in the past three election cycles, or signed a ballot access petition, your registration has probably been purged from the system.  You can check your voter registration status at apps.sos.wv.gov/elections/voter/am-i-registered.aspx
  • Won’t registering to vote just cause me to be called for jury duty? Because more people have Drivers Licenses than are registered to vote, that is the primary pool for selecting jurors.  So, you are probably already on the list.  The voter registration database is only used as a secondary source for calling jurors.  However, just imagine if things were the other way around and YOU were the one being accused of a crime.  Wouldn’t you want to have a jury of YOUR peers consider your innocence?  Jury duty is your civic duty.
  • If I change my registration from one of the establishment parties, can I still vote in the primary? In West Virginia, voters who are registered as either “No Party Choice” or “Other Party” (anything listed) are considered to be “independent” voters.  The Republican and Democrat (but not Mountain) parties both allow these “independent” voters to participate in their primary, along with those of their own registration.  However, you will have to remember to specifically ask for one of their party ballots at the polling place.  Otherwise, you will only receive a neutral non-partisan ballot.
  • Can I still be a poll worker if I am not registered Republican or Democrat? Because the average age of a poll worker in West Virginia is seventy-two years, and the shortage of poll workers has caused the Legislature to enact House Concurrent Resolution 56 which encourages employers to give employees time off to serve as poll workers, it is very likely that there will be opportunities for voters of any affiliation to be poll workers.  Generally, each precinct has two poll clerks of differing political affiliation, as well as three poll Commissioners, two of whom must be from opposing parties.  The third poll Commissioner can be from any political party.  To become a poll worker contact either your County Clerk or Republican or Democrat Party Executive Committee.
  • How close to an election can I renew or change my voter registration? You may register at any time.  However, to be eligible to vote in a specific election, you must register twenty one days before that election and be at least 18 years old before the next general election. (Seventeen year olds may register and vote in Primary Elections, if they turn 18 by the next General Election)
  • What if I don’t have a street address?  Can I register with a PO Box? The law requires that you register where you live, not at a business address.  If you do not have a numbered address, describe where you physically live by giving a road, intersection or landmark to help identify your precinct.  If you want to receive your voter registration by mail, also provide your postal address.  When updating your registration, you must register after you have moved.
  • Why can’t I submit my voter registration online or by fax? According to the Secretary of State, the form can’t be submitted electronically because the law requires your original full legal signature.
  • What if I am a convicted felon? In West Virginia, voting rights are restored when the term of conviction ends, including probation and parole periods. You may reregister to vote at that time.
  • Where else can I register to vote? Besides mail-in and your county clerk’s office, you may register to vote at any DMV office, public assistance agencies, agencies which serve people with disabilities, marriage license offices, and military recruiting offices.
  • How do I know where my precinct is located? Refer to the address on your voter registration card or see your County Clerk. The polling places may also be listed in your local newspaper prior to the election.